Saturday, July 5, 2008

Day 6 - Midlothian, TX

Ahhh. Good ole Midlothian, TX. A wide expanse of farmland nestled in between Ft. Worth and Dallas. Aside from a creek, a highway, and a gas station/Subway combo, there really is not much else going on.

Other than Uncle Jim's place. He was nice enough to let us crash at his house last night after the Ridglea Theater show but we didn't get along all that great. He wasn't a huge fan of the Darryl. I ended up overstaying my welcome, apparently. The AMP guys didn't really get my back either and I got stuck sleeping in the van. I woke up around 9am as the sun boiled me alive in that sweatbox. It was probably the least festive 4th of July that I've ever had. No fireworks. No sparklers. No BBQ. But at least AMP put on a stellar set.

Tonight = DALLAS. I hate how everyone refers to it as "The Big D." What about Detroit!? Why does Dallas get the D recognition? Either way, Dallas is going to rock.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The BIG D is Dallas. Just The "D" , Detroit...or so rappers tell me.