Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Day 2 - Life on the Road

We spent all day driving. We're not even to San Antonio yet. Actually, I don't even think that we're even in New Mexico yet, much less Texas. We have another several hours to go and it's now 12:20am Mountain Standard Time. We lost an hour a couple hours ago going through Arizona.

The AMP dudes got a lot done on the road today even though they didn't play a show. Hit up some friends on Stickam.com that were at the Phoenix show last night, ate several tuna sandwiches courtesy of Subway $5 footlongs, and talked to some locals in Tuscon, AZ.

We discovered that the trailer's lights aren't fully functional. I tried to gerry-rig some of my quick electricianship but couldn't make it work. We have one left brake light and one left blinker. This is just the kind of stuff that happens on the road. Didn't phase me much. I'm well versed in hand signals. They're a must out here on tour. I'm giving Jason lessons but he's reluctant to learn. Thinks that civilization is well beyond hand signals. He'll learn the hard way.

We're about to go into the dead zone for service so I'll be you all adieu. We'll see you in San Antone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, you guys are sooo sick!!! Good luck on the tour and tell Rob & Patrick I said what up. Dan stay in touch and I wish you guys the best. Come to Utah and we'll be there.